July 15, 2013
July 9, 2013
March 29, 2013
March 14, 2013
March 3, 2013
Demand a tobacco ban - ensure your workplace is 100 per cent smoke free. Support the adoption of smoking cessation services - Encourage your employer to provide help to those wanting to quit tobacco.
BRING EXERCISE TO THE WORKPLACE
Include physical activity in your working schedule cycle to work if this is possible, take the stairs, exercise or go for a walk during your lunch breaks, and encourage others to do so too.
CHOOSE HEALTHY FOOD OPTION
Ask for healthy food at your work canteen, or find nearby cafes or restaurants that serve healthy meals.
ENCOURAGE STRESS FREE MOMENTS
Whilst stress has not been shown to be a direct risk factor for heart disease and stroke, it is relative to smoking, excessive drinking and unhealthy eating, which are risk factor for heart disease.
- Take time for lunch away from your workplace to get some fresh air.
- Have regular breaks during the day.
- Try stretching or exercising for 5 minutes twice a day.
February 23, 2013
1. They reduce heart attack risk.
2. They lower 'bad' cholesterol.
3. They protects artery walls from damage.
4. Almond help build strong bones and teeth.
5. They provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss.
6. Almonds lower the rise in blood sugar and insuline after meals.
7. They help provide good brain function.
8. They nourish the nervous brain function.
9. They alkalize the body.