Quitting smoking is not easy as it sounds but one needs to begin somewhere.
1. First, make a firm decision that you want to quit. Reflect on the reasons why you are going to do so and the benefits it.
2. Ask for support from your family and friends. Pick a date for quitting and stick to it.
3. Consult your doctor about your decision. Counseling and medications, if required will make it easier to achieve your goal.
4. Start working out daily as exercise helps relieve stress and helps the body cope with manage due to smoking. Practice deep breathing exercise daily.
5. Find another relative or friend who wishes to quit smoking. You can help each other and make the process easier.
6. Drink lots of water. Not only does it help in flushing out the toxins in the body but also helps in reducing the cravings.
7. Analyze what triggers your craving to smoke, instead of lighting up to your craving, regularly jot down your feeling in a journal.
BE FIRM: Pick a date that you want to quit and stick to it.