Unless you have been advised strict bed rest due to a medical problem in your pregnancy, it is generally safe to do routine work.
If you are a working woman there are a few things you need to keep in mind while working. Remember that you can get tired more easily now and you need to be more careful now. It is wise to inform your immediate manager about your pregnancy after the confirmation.
1. Eat small frequent meals and snacks throughout the day.
2. Avoid anything that triggers your nausea.Drink plenty of fluids throughout.Don't push yourself too hard.
3. Take time to relax.Frequent breaks are a must.
4. Sit back with your legs up on a box or foot rest.Speak to your boss and take a short nap in the afternoon to refresh yourself.
5. Set a schedule for yourself- if you feel uneasy in the morning do the more stressful work in the afternoon and vice versa.
6. Make sure you get regular exercise. This is a very important part of your routine and will help you keep fit and steady during your work.
7. Make sure you get adequate sleep during your pregnancy.
8. Go to bed early and avoid staying up late as much as possible.
9. Use a support- like a small pillow for your lower back while sitting.
10. Talk about any problems you have in your work with your boss or a co-worker and find a solution as soon as possible.
Things you should avoid doing at work
1. Avoid sitting in the same position for too long.
2. Never stand for a prolonged period of time. This may cause giddiness or dizziness.
3. Never attempt to lift heavy weights.
4. If you are attempting to lift a light object, bend your knees as well. Do not attempt to bend only at the waist while lifting a weight.
5. Avoid confrontation or any stressful situations.
6. Avoid long stressful travel to work.
7. Exposure to heavy vibrations (for e.g. a large generator).
8. Exposure to any harmful substances.